Thursday, December 10, 2009

Calendars and Planners Support Worthy Causes - and Look Great, Too

men and cats calendar

Update on Oct. 28, 2010: Although this post features 2010 calendars, some of the companies, organizations and people noted have 2011 versions available now; the links have been updated to point to the new calendars.

Still looking for that perfect calendar for the coming year? I have a few more suggestions, starting with this calendar from Men and Cats. Sales benefit PUPP, an organization with the tag line "helping people by helping pets." Update on Oct. 29, 2010: There's no 2011 calendar available at this time; I don't know if one is planned.


kiva calendar 2010

I know many of my readers are fans of Kiva, the organization that helps individuals make micro-loans to low-income entrepreneurs. Now Kiva has a calendar.


weekly planner

Lily Jane Stationery has a nice weekly planner; 10% of the proceeds go to benefit the March of Dimes. Update on Oct. 29, 2010: There's no 2011 calendar available at this time; I don't know if one is planned.


michele taras - photos from her What I Want to Be When I Grow Up calendar

And finally, photographer Michele Taras has her 2010 What I Want to Be When I Grow Up calendar. In an e-mail, Michele told me: "The calendars are selling one for $15.00 and 2 for $20.00 - all the proceeds to go to SickKids hospital. The months do have days with a good section to write what you need to do for the day." [Photos posted with permission.]

Related Posts from this year:
First Look: 2010 Calendars
16 Organizers and Planners for Moms and Families
Reader Question: Planners for the Side of a Fridge
Calendars to Manage Your Time - and Help a Good Cause
Daily Planners for Those Who Know Their Alizarin Crimson

From prior years (Updated to point to the 2010 versions of the calendars):
First Look: 2009 Calendars and Planners
Second Look: 2009 Planners and Calendars
Third Look at 2009 Calendars: Calendars for Quilters
Fourth Look at 2009 Calendars: Two That Caught My Eye
Four Calendars To Consider for 2008
Calendars from Pomegranate
Calendars and Holidays
Slingshot Organizer

6 comments:

Janet Barclay said...

Wowee! Looks like someone loves calendars and planners as much as I do - maybe more!

These are great, and I've never seen any of them before. Thanks!

Jeri Dansky said...

Janet, I'm glad to know you hadn't seen them before. I'm specifically trying to give visibility to less-well-known products.

I use a computer-based calendar myself (iCal) but I do love some of the wonderful paper calendars/planners that are out there, too. My annual gift to one friend is her calendar for the year, usually with a cat theme. And sometimes other calendars make it onto my gift list, too.

Louise said...

Love the Men and Cats calendar! Cute fellas and even cuter kitties. It's a win-win.

Los Angeles Professional Organizer said...

Those websites are amazing! I also like the website prosper.com where you can loan people money individually. It is like kiva but they can be people from the united states too.

Jeri Dansky said...

Louise, I agree about Men & Cats!

Jennifer, thanks for the pointer; I never heard of Prosper before.

Jennifer Brook said...

Glad to meet a fellow organizer! =) P.S. I love it up there! I'm visiting my school Berkeley soon.